Configure Argos in Moodle via LTI 1.3
Overview of Steps:
- Configure Argos in Moodle via LTI 1.3
- Connect to argos.education via LTI 1.3
- Create an Account in Argos
- As a Moodle administrator, navigate to Site Administration > Plugins > Manage tools
- Click on configure a tool manually.
- Use these parameters to configure the LTI tool.
Under Tool Settings
Tool name: Enter a tool name, for example argos.education LTI 1.3
Tool URL: https://app.argos.education/lti/launch
Tool description: Argos Torus LTI 1.3
LTI version: LTI 1.3
Public key type: Keyset URL
Public keyset: https://app.argos.education/.well-known/jwks.json
Initiate login URL: https://app.argos.education/lti/login
Redirection URI(s): https://app.argos.education/lti/launch
Custom parameters (not used)
Tool configuration usage: Show in activity chooser and as preconfigured tool
Default launch container: New window
IMS LTI Assignment and Grade Services: Use this service for grade sync and column management
IMS LTI Names and Role Provisioning: Use this service to retrieve members' information as per privacy settingsTool Settings: Use this service
Connect to argos.education via LTI 1.3
- From your Moodle course, click Add an Activity or Resource, and select argos.education LTI 1.3
- Name the External tool and Click the Save and Return to Course button at the bottom of the page.
- Click the newly created LTI link. The first time that you access Torus you will be required to enter your institution information.
- Under LTI 1.3 Configuration select Moodle, review the default options, and click the Register button to continue.
- Once your registration is approved, the next time that you click the LTI link you will be taken to Torus.
Create an Account in Argos
- Create an account on Argos by clicking Create an Account: https://app.argos.education/authoring/session/new
- Fill in all the details (use your institution’s email address) and click Register:
- After registering, check your email for a confirmation link:
- In the confirmation email, click Confirm Email. This will take you to the Argos login page. Use the email and password you used to create the account to sign in:
Note: Make sure you are signing in on the Authoring Sign In (https://app.argos.education/authoring/session/new) page and not the Learner Sign In.
- You will see the Welcome LMS Admins project as soon as you log in. We have created this project to help you configure the LTI integration quickly. Click on the project title to go to the project details:
- Inside the Project, click Publish:
- Click Get Connected on the next page:
- You will see detailed instructions based on your LMS. Follow the instructions to continue the configuration:
- In case you need further assistance, here is the LTI integration guide for Moodle.