Here you will find instructions for integrating Inspark OER tools inside your Blackboard LMS
Create the LTI Application Configuration
- To create a LTI 1.3 tool for Blackboard, go to the Blackboard Developer Portal at https://developer.blackboard.com/ and login to your account. If you do not currently have an account, create one and log in.
- When logged into the developer portal, you will see the following page. Click the + button towards the right hand side of the screen to create a new LTI 1.3 tool.
- Enter a name, description, and domain for the application. A name that is for a collection of the Inspark OER tools, typically Inspark OER Tool Set and the domain must be 1cxw5vr28f.execute-api.us-west-2.amazonaws.com
- Be sure to toggle “My integration supports LTI 1.3” and fill in the following fields then click “Register application and generate API key”.
- Login Initiation URL: https://1cxw5vr28f.execute-api.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/stage/init-oidc
- Tool Redirect URL(s): https://1cxw5vr28f.execute-api.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/stage/assignment,https://1cxw5vr28f.execute-api.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/stage/lti-advantage-launch
- Tool JWKS URL: https://1cxw5vr28f.execute-api.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/stage/jwks
- On the next page, you will be presented with several pieces of information. Record these values and for later reference and click “Done”. You should also take a screenshot of this page as you will need to provide these values to ASU.
How to configure the Ringleader LTI tool in the Blackboard LMS
Note: You must have the client ID (aka application ID) to complete this process. This ID was captured in the steps above.
- Login to Blackboard as a user with administrator privileges.
- Select System Admin from the tab menu and click the LTI Tool Providers link.
- Click on the Register LTI 1.3/Advantage Tool button
- Enter the Client ID value and then click the Submit button
- Find your tool in the list of tool providers and then choose Manage Placements from the dropdown. You will be using the Blackboard placement functionality to install the desired tools.
- Press the Synchronize Placements button
- For each tool you will Click on Create Placement:
- Give a Placement Name for the tool, which will appear in the Content menu. Description is optional but useful. Select Deep Linking content Tool
- Add the target link: https://1cxw5vr28f.execute-api.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/stage/assignment
- Then enter the launchUrl for the tool in the custom parameter.
- You will need to do new placement for EACH tool.
- Launch URLs:
- Data Tool: launchUrl=https://main.d8y8in5fp9djc.amplifyapp.com
- Process Planner: launchUrl=https://main.d2cx84babvjpbq.amplifyapp.com
- Peer Review: launchUrl=https://main.d1nwigklju3y36.amplifyapp.com
- In the Modify LTI 1.3 Tools Dialog:
- Activate the following resources under the INSTITUTION POLICIES:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with following details:
- Client ID
- Deployment ID: can be found in the edit dialog for the Schools Administrator Panel -> LTI Tool Providers -> Modify LTI 1.3 Tools dialog.
- The Tool they are tied to (e.g. Review It, Chart It, or Plan It)
- URL of your Blackboard instance (e.g. https://institution.blackboard.com)
Now ASU will take further steps to link your Blackboard instance with the tool you have added. We will reply with additional instructions when the tool is ready to test.
Add the Inspark OER tools to courses: