HabWorlds use graphics that make learning science more immersive and interactive. Please make sure your computer meets the requirements below, especially the browser settings. Also, use the most robust and stable internet connection you can.
Below are the minimum system requirements for the HabWorlds platform:
- Laptop and desktop computers: Smartphones and Tablets (iOS/Android) are NOT supported.
- Operating System: Windows 8 or higher, OS X 10.6 or higher.
- Processor: Intel Corei3 or greater
- Memory: 4GB or RAM or greater
- Video Card: Graphics that support WebGL.
- Internet Browser: Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome (most updated version)
- WebGL enabled: You can check WebGL is enabled on your browser here.
Which internet browser should I use?
Can I complete lessons on my phone or tablet/iPad?
No, HabWorlds does not support tablets, smartphones, or other touchscreen devices. While there are some lessons that are compatible there are some experiences that are not–you will need access to a laptop or desktop computer.
How do I reset my password?
When you are prompted to login, click Forgot password? and follow steps to reset it.
Why can’t I login?
Your free trial may be up and you’ll have to purchase access with a credit card or enter an access code purchased from your bookstore. As always, make sure to access the course from the link provided in your LMS (e.g. Blackboard, Brightspace D2L, Canvas, Moodle, Schoology, etc.) or email from your instructor.
I’m getting error messages or my work isn’t saving.
There are two things to check if you are seeing error messages appear, are having difficulty interacting with items on the screen, or if your work is not saving.
- Be sure you only have the course open in one tab. If the course is open in multiple tabs, interactive objects on the screen may not function properly and your work may not be saved. Close all tabs in which the course is open and re-open the course in just one tab.
- Be sure you are still signed in to your LMS, such as Canvas, Blackboard, or Universal Learner Courses. If you have been idle for a bit, your connection may have timed out. Log back in to LMS and then re-open the lesson.